Monday, April 8, 2013

Carytown Bicycle Company- RVA loves Bianchi.

On my way south this week I popped in for the day at Carytown Bike Company in Richmond, VA. 



Parking the E at the rear of the shop, I was greeted by the smell of a Webber kettle fired up with burgers and hot dogs sizzling on the grate. Even though it was Sunday, around noontime, the shop was busy both at the rear of the building and inside. 




I unloaded the vehicle, brought in a handful of Infinito bikes and a Sempre Pro to rack up and display inside the shop. I love this new building that Carytown has called home for the past two seasons. 7k square feet of merchandising floor space and tons of natural lighting. They've come on board with the brand just this past winter so I figured now is a good time to get in there with some demo bikes and answer questions for the staff and customers. 

The inside of the shop, the building has a great mix of of old steel, reclaimed wood, bike faith and community. Great merchandising and helpful staff like Russell and William make sure you find what you need from commuter clothing, racks for your adventure bike or your next set of sticky road tires. CBC has that feeling you can't leave the shop without buying something... which is good!

At the end of the day, the staff were going to ride the Coffee Grinder loop on the road bikes and asked me to come along. Never turning down a group ride when possible, I kitted up and rolled out with the bunch. I really like the ride, a good mix of punchy climbs, twisty descents, some gravel roads and a nice long stretch of road near the end of the ride to do some pacing.

We finished with some bevies at Can-Can and then nachos and burritos at Don't Look Back.



I love this mural! I'm really going to like visiting Richmond, VA.


Post a Comment